Yes, we’ll accept bylined ‘how to’ and ‘opinion’ pieces for our website and newsletter at No Snooping Allowed. We will also publish summaries of research findings based on polls surveys and research studies conducted by academia, PR firms, concerned citizens as well as other sources and researchers.
The personal privacy subject space is broad and with so many ways that privacy is being threatened it’s helpful to all who are concerned about protecting the data to have as many points of view focused on the target as possible.
Contibuting Bylined “How To” Articles for No Snooping Allowed
Bylined artickes, 800 to 1000 words of body text written from an objective and authoritative point of view conveying valuable, informative, or practical, actionable information or advice in an easy to understand approachable perspective will meet out editorial guidelines. Topics should be centered around privacy concerns but it is also totally acceptable to address liberty issues, government overreacy, as well as personal experiences. Here’s three examples;
- Arm Chair Activism: The 10 Things I Do To Promote Liberty
- Basic Protection Tips for New Phone Users.
- Product Reviews: How To Know Which Devices Might Spy On You
After your submission we will reply to within 3 to 5 days depending on the the size of our inbox. If you haven’t received a reply from us, we probably didn’t approve your article, though we will attempt to contact everyone who takes the time to submit an article. Accepted articels may be edited for house style, or best known SEO practices. We may also change your headline/title so you might want to suggest an alternative or two.
So if you’re interested in joining our crew and helping others stay on the cutting edge of privacy protection in all aspect of thier lives, here are some additional guidelines.
- Articles should be original to the author, not published elsewhere.
- Articles should offer readers clear advice and actionable information that helps them preserver privacy, promote liberty etc.
- At the beginning of the article list 2 to 3 bullet points summarizing key takeaways – lessons learned and the how to’s in the article. These will be published with the article.
- Include a brief bio with a head shot.
- Include relevant links in parentheses next to the words linked. Do not embed links.
- Submit in Word (.doc) format as email attachments.
- If you submit articles mentioning other businesses or comapnies you have a vested interst, please disclose as much in your submission.
- Author will retain copyright but No Snooping Allowed may reprint your piece with full attribution in No Snooping Allowed products, or marketing material.
- We do not publish press releases but you can share your research findings in your submission.
Send byline submission to the Director of Publications Daniel Latrimurti and use subject line, No Snooping Allowed by Line Submission.